The Goals of the Faculty of Rehabilitation Sciences are:
1. To become a center for research and academic excellence in the field, the forerunner of professional advancement and the model in providing effective community health care services particularly in all fields of rehabilitation sciences in Jordan and the Middle East.
2. To provide the graduate rehabilitation professionals who are fully competent in utilizing selected knowledge and skills in planning, organizing, directing and implementing programs for the care of individuals whose ability to function is impaired or threatened by disease or injury in different settings
The Objectives of the Faculty of Rehabilitation Sciences are:
1. To maintain a faculty of members and clinicians who are committed to the education of rehabilitation science fields, utilizing contemporary methods and evidence-based practice at the core of the program.
2. To provide a contemporary curriculum, learning and scholarly environment to facilitate the attainment of the knowledge and skills needed for graduation, to understand and engage in evidence-based practice and as appropriate, participate in clinical research.
3. To provide clinical education experiences which provide the student with the appropriate environment for attainment of competence in the day-to-day physical therapy practice.
4. To maintain accreditation by national and international agencies for the programs offered in the faculty.
5. To graduate individuals who will effectively, efficiently, and independently examine, evaluate, determine diagnosis and prognosis, implement a plan of care, and direct therapy interventions for patients/clients with rehabilitation needs.
6. To graduate individuals who will expressively and receptively communicate effectively with all individuals when engaged in clinical practice, research, and education. The interactions can include patients, clients, families, care givers, practitioners, consumers, researchers, payers, and policy makers.
7. To graduate individuals who will demonstrate effective clinical decision-making skills including clinical reasoning, clinical judgment, and reflective practice incorporating the principles of evidence based practice.
8. To graduate individuals who will engage in life-long learning and as feasible, engage in collaborative research and the dissemination of new knowledge.