The department aims to:
1. Providing a qualified and perfect staff clinically capable of needs of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan and the region of therapists from all fields of rehabilitation.
2. Supporting educational activities and research it and encouraged.
3. Providing professional services and specialized counseling for people with disabilities and supply the centers and institutions dealing with this consulting, research, educational and clinical services.
4. The developing the long-term professional relationships with national institutions, local and global relationship through educational exchanges and professional sharing of experiences and skills.
5. Updating the department's curricula to suit with the latest developments in occupational therapy and to benefit from the expertise of faculty members active in this area.
6. Appling basis and criteria for accreditation of local and international.
7. Starting working in the clinic of the department and receive patients to provide proper medical service.
8. Participating in specialized scientific research to develop tests and diagnostic methods and therapeutic.
9. Focusing on scientific research in the specialization and cooperation with institutions and centers of the relationship locally, regionally and globally.
10. Raising the level of interaction with the local community and provide the necessary services to community groups in the field of various disabilities.
11. Developing the technical work to complete the specialist staff through scholarship and courses.