The department aims at:
1. Providing course work and clinical experiences reflecting pertinent and current content necessary for personal growth and professional competence in the fields of speech-language pathology and audiology.
2. Developing fundamental understanding of hearing, speech and language development and disorders across the life span.
3. Emphasizing the role and responsibilities of the speech-language pathologist and audiologist.
4.Graduating professionals that value and foster communication and interaction with colleagues for the benefit of optimal service to clients with communication disorders.
5. Involving students in research activities and encouraging application of research evidence into everyday clinical practice.
6. Developing professional and educational collaboration with international institutions through study and research exchange of faculty and students.